Mom's Kitchro recipe has always been a huge hit especially during the winter months. Mom would cook a big pot of soup and distribute it within the community especially among the poor and elderly folk. I should have posted this recipe a long time ago but what can I do... time is a factor......
9. Add 1 tablespoon ghee and a 1/4 cup oil to the onions
10. Cook onions until brown in colour
(cardamon, cinnamon sticks, clove and whole pepper)
meat in the above ingredients.
17. Add water and cook until soft
18. Once the lentils are cooked soft remove from stove
20. Add the liquidized mixture to the cooked meat
green chilli (optional). Cook until light brown.
23. Add the light browned onion and ghee mixture to the soup.
Garnish with greens, fresh coriander and spring onions.
You can also add a little bit of lemon juice. If the soup is too
thick you can thin it down by adding some water. If it is not strong
enough, you can add a little more green chillies to the soup and stir.
You can enjoy this soup with Rey's delicious home made naan